If we want to head out on the road and live the simple life, we are clearly no where near where we need to be. We have piles of stuff and "just in case" items everywhere. You know the stuff I'm talking about. "I know I haven't used them in 3 years but I have to keep them just in case..."
In a previous post we wrote about our start to paring down for a life of travel and I've made the decision to create this project to help us simplify our lives a little more and get rid of even more stuff.
- Silly singular items like a pen, pencil, paperclip, or hair binder do NOT count. That would be cheating
- Food doesn't count.
- Giving back something borrowed is nice...but doesn't count.
- If it's already garbage (like an empty pop can on your computer desk), it doesn't count
- For accountability, post on Instagram a photo of each daily item using #75days75things
- Shirts, pants, hats, shoes, scarves all count. Underwear and socks do not (and shouldn't be posted on Instagram anyway, am I right?)
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join us in the project! Pick a day and starting posting one photo each day of the thing you are choosing to clean out of your life and use the hashtag #75Things75Days.